Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Costume: Take 5

Houston, we have a problem.

Zachariah is apparently terrified of his Halloween costume. I don't know what the deal is. He has been obsessed with pirates for the past month. We saw this costume in Old Navy and he FLIPPED. OUT. He wants it so badly. He would ask for it every time we went into that store. So we eventually bought it.

He will wear the hat all day long. He will put on the pants without a fuss. But he will not, under any circumstance, wear the jacket. He will pick up the jacket and count the buttons. He will carry it across the room to me. But he will not put it on. He screams like never before when I put it on him. He is truly freaked out by this thing!

If I cannot get him to put on this costume for Halloween, I am going to be devastated. So I am officially on a mission. "A mission from God"


(Name that movie!)


I will not rest until I have exhausted all of my options. I am going to try everything I can to get Zachariah comfortable in this pirate costume... if its the last thing I do.

Wish me luck dear friends. This could get ugly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movie is Blues Brothers, do I win anything??
Mom

jamie b said...

good luck!!! i hope he'll cooperate for you. do you think it's itching him or something?

Anonymous said...

What if he saw Tyler put it on?

Mimi

tammi said...

Dude. We should do a dress-up party at your house on Friday a.m. We have about 8 costumes that I could bring over and the boys could try it all on.

My other suggestion: BRIBES.

Give him a cookie or something if he'll put it on.

LOL :)

Raine said...

Blues Brothers?

(I LOVE that movie) :)

Good luck!