Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Do The Cool Whip

This has been one heck of a busy week (and it is far from over), but I wanted to stop in and show you Zachariah's new favorite thing to do in the kitchen! All you need is a bowl, spoon, whipped cream and food coloring! We had all of that in the house, so we quickly got to work.



We started off with plain ol whipped cream in one of my mixing bowls.





Then we added some red food coloring, and much to Zachariah's excitement and surprise, it made pink!





Then he told me he wanted "booo" to go in the bowl, so I put a good bit of blue in there and he went to town stirring.




And wala! We ended up with a pretty shade of "puh-ple". (My favorite color, in case you were wondering.)


After we made the purple, we put some whipped cream in a separate bowl and Zachariah asked to use red and yellow.




After a good bit of stirring, we ended up with this almost orange color. It actually looks more orange in the picture. In real life it was a bit wacky. But Zachariah recognized it as "orrrage" and he was pumped. :)




Here he is, posing with his colored whipped cream.
What a cute little goober.





And here he is praying for his whipped cream. I thought that was hilariously cute, so here I am snapping pictures, when all of a sudden...



Ohhhhh! That is why he wanted to pray for it! Duh. I totally should have seen that coming. But that is why I used whipped cream instead of shaving cream.




When it was time to clean up, there was a bit of a tantrum. And as you can tell, Zachariah really enjoyed the whipped cream.

Ah well. Besides that little episode, it was great fun! This is particularly fun for a toddler/preschooler who is just learning their colors. Zachariah already knows all of his, but he had a blast telling me what color dye to put in and then telling me what color it made!

This cute little idea got two thumbs up from this mommy and toddler! :)

2 comments:

Raine said...

What a fantastic idea! Seriously, I wish I'd thought of that when the kids were little.

Anonymous said...

What a great method of teaching and showing colors to a toddler!! Thank you for how well you and Daniel are teaching him. It shows!!

Love,
Mimi