Sunday, June 29, 2008
*It should be noted that right after this mini photo shoot,we discovered about 10 ant bites on his chunky little legs. Poor baby. :(
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Baby Eel Tofu:
- Step 1:Take a bowl of water, and slowly boil.
- Step 2:Place a large cube of tofu into the bowl.
- Step 3:Immediately add live baby eels. To escape the heat, the baby eels burrow into the still-cold tofu.
- Step 4:Boil until tofu itself is cooked. The baby eels will be cooked inside.
- Step 5:Remove tofu, which will be riddled with holes like swiss cheese. Serve like raisin loaf.
There was this one act that was absolutely amazing though. It is the Russian Bar Trio, and I find myself gaping at the screen every time I watch it.
And this one is for my dad... :)
Tune in next week for another review of America's Got Talent!!!
(said in my best game show host voice)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Zachariah has been eating table foods on a pretty regular basis. We have just about stopped the baby food… except for one jar at dinner. (I haven’t tried him on a lot of table food meats… so we need to get the protein somehow!) His all time favorite table foods consist of mango, yogurt, green beans, and egg yolks. But there isn’t a food that I have given him that he wont eat. So that’s a plus!
Another one of Z's accomplishments as of late has been his communication. We have been teaching him baby sign language, and he has been able to recognize quite a few signs. But he officially did his first one ("more") a few weeks ago. He has learned to communicate that he wants to be picked up by raising his arms up in the air, and he has started to wave “bye- bye” (I love the backwards wave!!!). But be warned… he has to be in the perfect mood to do it on cue. So don’t expect him to start automatically waving next time you see him. :) Also along the communication lines, Zachariah has come SO incredibly close to saying his first word. There are three words that are competing for the “first word” title… and I am honestly not sure which one will win. Its between mama, dada, and up! Its extra cute when he tries to say “up” cause all he can do is the “puh” sound. I absolutely love it.
And last but not least… his mobility. He started to roll wherever he wanted to go, and that was hilarious. But as of last Thursday, my little man started to crawl!!! (I will post a video soon) He acted like he was a pro from the get-go. It was as if he had been practicing in his crib for a few weeks and all of a sudden felt like showing us what he could do. So we have spent the past few days baby-proofing the house and chasing Z around. It really is a rude awakening when I sit him down with some toys, turn around and before I know it, he is underneath the computer chair I am sitting in. Ugh. But it’s cute, he loves being mobile, and I think it will help his cranky attitude he has adopted recently. (I wonder where he gets that from?) Now all we need to do is work on this dadgum clinginess. *Sigh*
Oh! One more thing. He is starting to get his balance while holding onto things. No pulling up on furniture or anything, but I can stand him up and he perches for a while. He looks like such a little man when he is standing!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
This one has a intro that is a bit long, but totally worth it. These brothers are so incredibly talented.
This is a 4 year old little girl named Kaitlyn and she is by far the most precious girl I have ever seen. I almost cried my eyes out when I was watching last night. (this video is much shorter than the last)
If you have some time to kill, I would recommend going to the website and watching the recaps. They will probably do a good job of entertaining you.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
And a special "Happy Fathers Day" to my oh-so-wonderful husband... who is such an incredible father to our precious baby boy. I am so thankful that he will grow up with a great role model of what a father should be like.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Well... it happened again. (insert big gasp here)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Wow that seems like it was forever ago. Lets see, I had just graduated High School. I got my first summer job, with Daniel as my boss, and started dating him not too long after that! (after the job was over of course... I wasn't a big fan of Daniel when he was my boss. How ironic? haha)
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Get a shower (just did that)
2. Print some pictures for Zachariah's photo album.
3. Cut up fruit for Zachariah's lunch.
4. Return books to Hayley
5. Pester Daniel until he prints a canvass for our living room. (that will have to carry over for the next week or so)
What are five snacks you enjoy?
2. Ice Cream
3. Boiled Egg... mmmm
4. Cookies. Hot out of the oven.
5. Leftovers... I love snacking on dinner from the night before.
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Go to Hawaii, Paris, Jamaica, and London... every year.
2. Buy a huge house (or two) for homeless people to live in. Or heck, for anyone in need to live in.
3. Buy a neighborhood so that all of the people I care about can live close to me!
4. Adopt a baby internationally. Daniel and I really want to do that. But dang, its expensive.
5. Donate a whole lot of money to World Vision. And probably sponsor a ton more kids. It breaks my heart to know that children are dying every day because they don't have clean water, food, or proper medication. I want so badly to help each and every one of them...
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Rolling my eyes
2. Being sarcastic
3. Not having enough patience
4. Leaving laundry in the dryer for weeks on end.
5. Saying one particular dirty wordy on a far too regular basis.
What are five places where you have lived?
(can you tell that I need to move outta here?)
What are five jobs you’ve had?
I honestly dont think I have had five jobs... How sad is that??
1. Day Camp worker
2. Day Camp worker (counting that twice... cause I did it for two years)
3. Secretary for a couple Attorneys.
4. K-3 teacher at SCA
5. Stay at home mom
(Yeah I know, I cheated. But I told you I couldn't come up with 5!)
Jamie, Wesley, and Daniel (who will probably not play the "tagging game" if his life depended on it)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Friday, June 06, 2008
On a side note...
I was going to say that Zachariah looked studly, but then (for some odd reason) I looked up the definition of studly. The definition, according to The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, reads:
So naturally that made me very uncomfortable to use that word while describing my son.
So I refrained.
Just thought I would share that tid bit with you folks.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
That being said, does anyone have a spare laptop laying around??
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
What booster seat do you recommend?
Monday, June 02, 2008
So I am wanting to find a part time job. That pays decent mula. That isnt a pain in the butt. That I can do sitting on my tucas here at home. With a baby.
Know of anything??? :)