Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random Ramblings

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been blog slacking the past couple days. I am probably going to blog slack the next couple of days too. I am spending my "free time" (aka: nap time) researching stuff here recently. I get on these kicks every now and then, so you may have to be patient with me.

I have been doing more research on eating healthier and trying to find new recipes and all that jazz. Its exciting, but discouraging at the same time. I cant afford to eat healthy and even if I could my husband is a picky eater. So that makes things a bit more difficult. But I am hoping to find a way around his picky eating habits. I will keep you posted on how that goes. :)

While we are on the subject of healthy eating... am I the only one who day dreams about eating organic food? Oh how I would love to buy nothing but organic things. Produce in particular. I hate that we are putting harmful chemicals into our body on a regular basis. And milk! I am disgusted that I am still drinking regular cows milk. Zachariah drinks nothing but organic milk, but Daniel and I have not made the switch. You know why? Because organic milk costs a booty load more than regular milk with hormones, pesticides and pus in it. Sorry. Everyone should know what they are drinking though, right? :)

You know what? I think I am going to do a post on milk. It is really fascinating to see the link between dairy products and illnesses such as heart disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, obesity, autism and other illnesses. Seriously, I am going to do more research and get back to you with a post on this. I know, I know... you are thrilled. Try and contain your excitement though.

Ok. And now I am going to bring this post to an abrupt stop. First off, because I am boring you to tears. Secondly, because I am about to give myself an anxiety attack thinking about all the horrible things I am putting into my sons body. And thirdly... my son has been in his crib for over an hour and a half and is STILL not asleep. So I must depart from this post and go take care of that. :)

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

tammi said...

Don't drink milk at all. And start cutting back Z's milk too. Calcium can be found many, many other places. What's the deal with cow's milk anyway? Cow milk is for baby cows. :)