Monday, August 10, 2009

Brief Update

Zachariah has been in a jibberish stage for a while now. Don't get me wrong, he has a list of about a dozen words that he will throw around on a very regular basis, but he loves the jibberish.

Personally, I find it to be one of the most adorable things ever. He will just come up and talk to us (in what seems like another language), and he will be so passionate about what he is saying. I just wish I knew what he was trying to communicate to us!

All that to say, I have been amazed at how much his vocabulary has grown over the past week. Seriously, he has added about ten words to his vocabulary in just a few days. And it isn't like he says it just once... he has incorporated them into his daily schedule. He will go out of his way to find a reason to say "tu-tle" (turtle). It is SO DANG CUTE.

Anyway. I decided to list the words that he has learned and added to his vocab over the past week. If this doesn't interest you, I apologize. But I needed to write this all out so I had a record of it. And what better place to do it than my blog? :)


New words... and a few phrases.

"Pu-ple" (purple)
"Tu-tle" (turtle)
"Ta-tor" (tractor)
"Dumb" (yeah. this one is my fault)
"Basketball" (seriously. he says every letter of this word. this is one of my favorites)
"Et's-doe!" (lets go!)
"Dishis" (delicious)
"Cak-cakes" (pancakes)
"bowl"
"I each" (I can't reach)
"Oo, at's dat?" (Ooo, whats that?)


And on a somewhat related note... Z has been kicking butt with his animal noises. He cannot tell you the name of the animal (except a very select few), but when asked to identify a certain animal, he will do a VERY realistic sounding noise. It has seriously blown me away. His favorite animal noise lately has been an eagle. And if you have ever heard an eagles squawk... well, lets just say I am hoping he moves on to a butterfly noise soon.

I am hoping to video tape some of this, but I have to be sneaky about it. Or else he will just want to watch himself in the video camera. So once I can figure out a plan of action, I will hopefully have some videos up here! :)

2 comments:

Raine said...

That is adorable! Jaden & Fisher always called Pancakes, Cay-cakes. :) I love it! Keep the word list going!

Anonymous said...

I like you listing the words. I can listen out better for them now. And we did hear him say Tu-tle at the park. And I'm not kidding you he said "That's my da da" when ya'll pulled up.

Love,
Mimi