Friday, February 06, 2009

Water Battle of '09

Ever since the beginning of time, Zachariah has had a hatred for water. He just wont drink it. Every now and then when I trick him into taking a sip of it, he will just let it drool out of his mouth. I really wanted him to drink water in between meals so that he wont get so filled up on milk, but its been a losing battle.

Until I switched cups.
He will drink anything out of these straw cups. He LOVES them. They are cute, cheap, and actually spill proof. Thank you, Nuby!

And I absolutely love watching him drink out of it. The way his cute little cheeks and lips look as he is slurping through the straw. ADORABLE.


*And just FYI... I also put a few drops of lemon juice in the water so that it makes it a bit more appealing. I plan to wean him off of that one drop at a time though. :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOoh Amy LYnn you may just be my life saver. Evie won't drink ANY milk...formula, whole milk, skim, chocolate, strawberry...you name it. So I'm gonna give those cups a try. I'll keep ya posted and cross your fingers, maybe just maybe she'll begin to take milk out of them. Or guess I could try LEMON JUICE idea in the milk too. hahah

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

my little ones adore straw sippies for their water as well!