Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bliss

Zachariah is an EXCELLENT sleeper. He goes to bed in between 7:30 and 8 and doesn't wake up until 8 or 8:30 the next morning. Our night time routine is very simple. We change Z into his pj's, brush his teeth, kiss him and tell him good night. We lay him in his crib and he goes to sleep. End of song.

Last night was a bit unusual. Less than 5 min. after we put him down he started crying. It was the type of cry that told me he wasn't going to settle down unless one of us went in there. So I went in and he reached for me with this pitiful look in his eyes. There are times when I am a sucker for his cuteness... and so I ended up sitting in the glider and rocking him. We sat there for a little while just rocking, listening to his lullaby CD. He wasn't asleep, but he was content... just laying on me. I cant even remember the last time he sat in my lap for that long, but I was soaking up every second of this. I cant even explain how wonderful it was to be able hold my baby, without life interrupting us.

After about 10 minuets had passed, he sat straight up and look at me. Then let me know he wanted to get back in his crib. So I kissed him and laid him down with his blanky and paci, and we didn't hear another peep out of him all night.

As it turns out Zachariah just needed a little mommy time.
I am really glad too. Because I needed a little Zachariah time.

2 comments:

jamie b said...

sooooo sweet!!!

Lyndi Soles said...

how sweet!! Grant gets like that every once in a while. I guess they need to hold us sometimes, too!!