Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dish Tower

The other day we were all sitting in the living room watching Cars. 45 minutes through the movie Zachariah got up and walked out of the room. He didn't say much of anything, he just walked out. I just assumed he was going to his room to get his Lightning McQueen toy, so Daniel and I just stayed in the living room talking and watching Cars. (Hey, its a good movie!)

A few minutes later I hear a lot of noise in the kitchen. I figure that Zachariah is going through the Tupperware cabinet and ignore it. I was enjoying the fact that I could converse with my husband without a toddler climbing all over me and talking about who knows what. A few more minutes pass and I stop talking and just listen. That noise was not Tupperware. It was definitely the sound of Zachariah unloading the dishwasher.




When we walked into the kitchen he seemed a little worried (we have strict rules that state toddlers will be disciplined if they lay a finger on the open dishwasher), but then he got all excited about the "tower" he built. We couldn't help but crack up. He was so dang cute and so incredibly proud of his cup tower.

I must say, I was very impressed that he only touched his dishes. He did not touch the sharp objects or the breakables. He only unloaded the things that he knew were his. His cups, plates and the Tupperware (which he unloaded on the other side of the dishwasher) were the only things that were taken out.


Moral of the story: I should probably let Zachariah pick the movie next time. Either that, or close the dishwasher. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting to be so grownie. And so organized!!
Love that kid.

Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

That's right! Start them young doing chores around the house, maybe Zac can show you how it is done! :)
Love you Amy Lynn!!
Mom

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

that is so sweet though...and really darn cute that he only too out his dishes! james does the same thing, only he usually lines things up :)

Christine B said...

Hii nice reading your post