Friday, December 18, 2009

Your Backyard Friends

Zachariah loves to watch TV. So much so that I have to limit it to an hour a day. I feel sure that he would watch it 24/7 if I allowed it. Some of his favorite TV shows consist of Elmo's World, Blues Clues, Go Diego Go, The Wonder Pets and The Backyardigans. He will often have a favorite show for the week that he favors, but this phase has lasted for a while now. For the past three weeks Zachariah has been utterly and completely obsessed with The Backyardigans.



I'm not kidding either. He wakes up every single morning talking about this show. While in his crib he will reenact a scene from one of his favorite episodes. He will sing the songs, try to dance like them, quote lines from different episodes and talk to me about the different characters by name. He does this all day and it is the funniest and cutest thing ever.

One of my favorite things is when he "introduces" himself as all of the characters. At the beginning of the show, the different characters introduce themselves. They say "Hi! I'm Pablo. "And I'm Tasha." "Hi! I'm Austin." and so on and so forth. Zachariah will walk around the house and say, "Hi! I pago", "Hi! I tasha", "Hi! I ausin" until he gets through the whole cast. And he says it in a high pitched voice. It is so funny.

All that to say, Zachariah is obsessed with The Backyardigans. And I am actually glad he is. Personally, I love the show. It is cute, clever and has really catchy songs. Seriously. I sing them all day. Its a little sad actually.

This is probably Zachariah's first "real" obsession with something and I think it is so cute. I don't know if I should think its cute. I should probably be trying to ween him off of it or something. But I really love how excited he gets when he talks about The Backyardigans. :)

No comments: