Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eight Silly Monkeys

Yesterday Zachariah was sitting nicely in his play room reading a book. He looked at me and said "Mom, it has been weeks since you have blogged about one of my favorite books. Everyone out there is wanting more book suggestions. So why don't you get your lazy butt up, grab the camera and start snapping some pictures."

Then I whined and complained about how his t-shirt does not match his pajama bottoms and how I cant possibly put pictures up on my blog with him looking all mismatched like that. Then he proceeded to harp on me about blogging his stupid book. I got tired of arguing with my two year old, so here we are.

Besides the fact that I am a big fat liar and none of that actually happened, I am blogging about his book anyway. Because I needed a post for today and my creative juices are on a sabbatical. They left about 24 years ago and I see no signs of return. So this is what you are stuck with.

Ok. I will now stop the ridiculous ramblings. Forgive me.



Zachariah's book of choice is entitled Eight Silly Monkeys. It is super cute. One of Zachariah's favorite thing about this book is the fact that the monkey faces pop off the page. Now that I think about it, this may be the only reason he likes the book. Hmmm. Ah well.



The book pretty much goes along with the song "10 silly monkey's jumping on the bed". Except it changes it up every page. On one page it will say jumping, on another it might say spinning, eating, or another action. You get the idea.



See, here they are swinging! I just think they are the cutest little things.



Zachariah's favorite part is the very end. He LOVES the fact that they are jumping on the couch. It is one of his favorite things to do, so I think he feels a kindred spirit with the monkeys.



While reading the book Zachariah "counts" the monkey faces. And by counts I mean points to several and says "three" over and over. It is absolutely adorable.




All that to say... this book gets two thumbs up from Zachariah! :)

3 comments:

Raine said...

Two thumbs up...or three? *laugh* :)

Anonymous said...

Love this post and pictures and the book!!

Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I work for the publisher of Eight Silly Monkeys. I realize this blog post is two years old, but I'd love to put a picture of Zachariah on our blog page and facebook page with your permission.

Please let me know if you are interested. My email address is Lee.Becknell@piggytoespress.com