Friday, September 18, 2009

The Cake

I have been a horrible blogger this week, and I apologize. I shot someones senior pictures this past weekend, so I am trying to get those pictures ready and to the family ASAP.

I have pictures from Zachariah's birthday party that I am dying to put up... but until I get time to edit those, I am going to show you his cake. Now why am I going to dedicate a whole post to a measly birthday cake? The answer is quite simple really. It's because this cake was the CUTEST cake in the whole entire world!

Ok, maybe not the cutest in the whole entire world. But it came close. I was super de-duper pleased with how it turned out.



It took me two days to make this sucker. I dedicated a whole day for making the all the different colored icing, then the second day was baking the cake and decorating. After the decorating was done I went to the store and found these adorable Blues Room characters and just plopped them on the cake! It was so easy to do! I will try and post a tutorial in the next day or two.


Except I wont. Because none of that actually happened. I did order the cake two days ahead of time though. That counts for something, right?

No? Didn't think so. Ah well. Can't blame a girl for tryin'.



Despite the fact that I did not even lift a finger in the cake making process, didn't it turn out cute?!? I was super please with it. Seriously, I did a little jump for joy when I laid eyes on this baby.




And check out Blue! Tell me that is not the most adorable Blue you have ever seen. Yeah. That's what I thought.

And you know what makes Blue even cuter?


The fact that it's a finger puppet. Yep. That is just pretty darn cool if you ask me.


As if you couldn't tell by the pictures and babblings, I was very excited about this cake. And Zachariah was too! He is STILL talking about it. Every single day this week he has come up to me and said "HAPPY, HAPPY!" and then say "cake!", "Booo" (for Blue), and then pretend like he is blowing out his candles.


That right there is just about the only thing that is cuter than the Blues Clues cake. :)

4 comments:

jamie b said...

love it! you had me going for a minute about making the cake! haha! :) i'm glad you were pleased with it and that Z loved it. it's a good sign when they talk about it for days after. :)

Raine said...

Amazing...I was about to freak out over the fact that you made that cake. ;) *laugh* But you should be complimented on your tastes in toddler cakes. *pat on back*

Too cute...whoever did the cake did a fantastic job. I love the color choices.

Anonymous said...

I love all of Zac's new words this WEEK!! And yes that was definitely an adorable, and delicious cake!!

Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I knew the truth and as I was reading this post, I was hoping, no praying that my child would confess and tell the truth!! :) Fun day!

Love,
Mom/Nana