Friday, November 24, 2006

Its beggining to look a lot like Christmas

Daniel got off work at 12:00 this afternoon, and I definitely didn't want to get out in all the madness of Black Friday, so to kill time we decided to decorate for Christmas. Last year we had a real tree (and loved it), but this year we wanted to try our hand at a fake tree. (just to weight all our options fairly) We ended up making out like bandits at Home Depot. The pre-lit 6 1/2 foot tree was $29.99 with a $30.00 mail in rebate. yeah... what a steal. Anyway, we figured if we are going to buy a fake tree, might as well get one for basically nothing. So we came home and while watching " A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving " we set up and decorated our tree. Now, we will probably go back to a real tree next year, just because I like the look and smell of it, but we will see how this fake little thing does for now... unless of course we can find a pine scented candle.

Anyway, that's all I can muster up tonight. We have our third thanksgiving meal at 8:30 in the morning, then our fourth and final at 11:30. It's a tough job eating all that food, but someone has to do it.

2 comments:

tammi said...

oh, how i pine for an artificial tree, but Steve-o will have nothing of it. PRE-LIT is a glorious word to me, considering that I apply the blasted lights single-handedly every year (which I loathe with a passion). Next year I'm fight'n hard for a big fat fake, PRE-lit tree. I have no qualms buying a pine-scented candle.

Yours looks nice. :)

Amy Lynn said...

Thanks! It kindof looks a little scrawny... but oh well. and I totally agree- prelit is deffinately nice. Daniel usually puts the lights on if we have a real tree, because I WILL NOT do it. I hate it. We will see if we can double team Steve next time i am there. :)