Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Week So Far

So... wow. It has been one heck of a crazy weekend/week. I usually don't like to let two whole days go by without a new post, so the fact that it has almost been a week since I last blogged has just about killed me.

Why has it taken me so long to get up a new post? I am glad you asked.

My computer has a virus and it is not letting me use the Internet right now, so I have to wait till my hubby gets home so I can use his.
I have taken zero pictures of recipes recently, so I have no recipe posts ready to blog.
I have read zero more chapters in my vaccine book, so I have no new info to blog.
I have taken some pictures I want to show you, but they are on my computer and I am not allowed to use that until my hubby fixes it.
Oh, and Zachariah broke his arm.

Yeah. You heard me. My two year old broke his arm this weekend.

Here is the short version of what happened. Thursday evening Zachariah was running around the house and when he tripped (I mean, who didn't see that coming?) he landed on his left arm. He cried pretty hard but after hugs and a band aid he dried his tears and went on with life like normal. He did not complain about his arm or make mention of it hurting. A day or two later we noticed that he was not using his left arm and he would cry every time pressure was being put on his arm/wrist. Thinking he might have sprained his wrist we got an x ray which showed he has a broken forearm.

Unfortunately the x rays aren't very clear and the doctor is not 100% sure how bad the break is. (It can take up to 10 days for a serious break to show up for a toddler) So the doc put Z in a cast and in two weeks we are going back for more x rays.

Just in case you were wondering, this whole process was a nightmare. Z HATES doctors and the x ray machines at the hospital scared him to death. If anyone at the doctors office even so much as looked at his arm he would scream. And I don't mean cry. I mean scream. I have never seen this side of my child before and it made me very sad.

It took four of us to hold him down so that someone could put his cast on. During that process he was screaming, kicking, hitting, crying, yelling, kicking, screaming... you get the picture. It was bad. But the cast is on and we get it off in two weeks.

This is a picture I took with my cell phone. It was taken right as we were leaving the doctors office. He kept telling me, "I don't yike my big band-aid!" My pitiful baby. :(

Anyway! I will have some more pictures and details on how he is doing coming in a day or so, but I just wanted to check in and let everyone know what was going on. This has been quite an emotional couple days for us. But the worst is behind us (that is until we have to take the cast off).

Hope everyone is have a great week. Talk to you soon!


Rachael said...

oh no, poor baby! i am so sorry he broke his arm :( but that picture is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Yeah he looks like he's been through it in this picture. Should have taken pics of you and Daniel afterwards too and posted them.

I'm so proud of how well he is doing with the cast. He is so adorable with or without a cast.