Saturday, September 13, 2008

8:03pm

I have been sitting here for over 2 hours trying to type this post, and I have been pretty unsuccessful. It is partly due to all of the distractions that are all around me, but part of it is because I am just not good with expressing myself- especially in writing. Its just not my thing. But alas, here I am.

Try as they might, no one could have prepared me for the experience of being a mommy. Despite all of the stress, moodiness, weight gain, and depression, I wouldn't change this feeling for anything. I would have never imagined that such a little person would have such a huge impact in my life. It seems like just a week or so ago that Daniel and I were in the hospital holding our baby boy for the first time. And tonight, at 8:03, he is turning a year old. I am mostly in shock. I just cannot believe that my baby is turning a year old. I would really like to find a way to stop him from growing up, because it is happening way to fast!

All that being said... I will never be able to properly express how wonderful it is to have Zachariah as a part of our family, but it sure wouldn't be as enjoyable without him.

Happy Birthday, Zachariah. I love you more than you will ever know.

9 comments:

Hayley. said...

Happy Birthday Zachariah!!! :)

Danny104 said...

have a joyful celebratory day of birth remembrance little Z!

TWL said...

Happy Birthday Zac!!

tammi said...

Aww! Happy Bday Zac! :)

seems like just yesterday your mama and I were complaining together about the inconveniences of being pregnant. :) LOL

Have a great bday and we'll see you at the par-TAY tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't find the right words to express my feelings either. So I'll just say, "I love you Zachariah more than words can say" and "thank you Daniel and Amy Lynn for making me a grandmother.

Love,
Mimi

Unknown said...

Amy Lynn that was perfectly worded.
Enjoy his first birthday!

jamie b said...

Happy Birthday, yesterday, Zachariah!!! I hope you had a fun celebration!

Ashley said...

hey I found your blog through my friend emilys and my little boys birthday is sept 14th. they truly do change your life...

Ashley said...

okay and...my parents go to Gillionville Baptist. Now I made the connection!!!! I can't believe this is your baby. and he is already 1!! Time really does fly!