Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Fast Food Breakfast

I love breakfast.

I mean, I really love breakfast.

And these days I have been craving a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Burger King just about every morning. Besides the fact that it is a complete waste to buy breakfast every day, I am not ok with feeding myself and my baby that much fast food JUNK every day. Once a week? Fine. I wont lose any sleep over that. But every single day? No, I will seriously start feeling guilty.

To make a short story long, my favorite local coffee shop (Elements Coffee Company, to be exact) started selling breakfast. They posted a picture of their breakfast sandwich and I drooled all over my keyboard. I would NOT feel guilty about eating their breakfast because it is made fresh every morning. And lets face it, anything made fresh every morning is bound to be healthier than Burger King or McDonald's. But I still had the pesky problem of my husband not letting me go out and buy breakfast every morning!

So I decided to try to make my own. Which turns out is way easier than I could ever imagine. Its actually way to easy to justify being a for real recipe post, but I am bored and needing something to blog, so I am going to post it anyway!


Here's what you will need...

<span class=
An English muffin, two slices of bacon, one egg and a slice of cheese.

Simple, simple ingredients.




<span class=
Ok, so first fry up some bacon. And yes, I use turkey bacon. Its not quite as bad for you as regular bacon and it doesn't taste too shabby either! :)




<span class=
Once the bacon is crisped to perfection, lay it on a paper towel so the grease can drain while you make the other stuff.

And just as a side note, you can microwave the bacon if you want to make this even easier. I do that when I am even more lazy than usual. But really, its just not as crispy and delish that way, so I generally try to use the frying pan.




<span class=
Ok, now here is where you may laugh at me. I sometimes scramble and egg and then put it on the muffin, but I really like the whole fast food egg look. You know, the circle or square that the "egg" is shaped in? Well, I happen to have these cute little bowls and they are the PERFECT size!




<span class=
So here is what I do. I take one egg and beat it with a fork into that square bowl. Then I microwave it (yes, I said microwave). I nuke it for 20 seconds at first, then stir. Then I nuke it for somewhere between 30 and 40 more seconds until it is done!




<span class=
And when its done, it looks like this!





<span class=
Now take your English muffin (toasted or non. I generally don't toast mine because I don't feel like bringing out the toaster, but its your call.) and split it in half.





<span class=
Slap on the egg,





<span class=
slice of cheese,





<span class=
and a few slices of bacon.





<span class=
Close it up and wala! You have yourself a yummy bacon, egg and cheese sandwich!


So there you have it. You could have probably figured that out all on your own, but I appreciate you humoring me. :)

No comments: