Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Hello! Its been almost a week since my last post, so I figured I should pop on over here and update you all on what is going on. And to tell you the truth, this is going to be a pretty short post considering nothing much has changed! And this wont so much be a post as much as it will be me rambling. Just thought I should give you all a fair warning!


Ok, so pregnancy news... I am about a week and a half away from being out of my first trimester. Can we say, hurray? I cannot wait to reach that point. Not like the sickness will magically go away like it does for most people, but it means I am that much closer to holding my baby and being DONE with pregnancy. For those that say pregnancy is the most enjoyable thing, I want to slap them. For those that say the second pregnancy flies by, I want to slap them too. Now, I wont actually slap anyone, but these two things could not be farther from the truth for me!!! I guess its kinda hard for a pregnancy to "fly by" when I am constantly being reminded (by spit and puke) that I am pregnant.

Speaking of being pregnant, I am so incredibly emotional and exhausted all the time. I cry at the drop of a hat least once a day, and it is usually because of something silly. Yesterday it was because Jackson asked Suki to marry him on an old Gilmore Girls episode. I have seen this episode at least a dozen times, and never once have I done anything more than smile at that particular part. Needless to say, I felt dumb. And I remember being extremely tired when I was pregnant with Zachariah, but it has been hitting me hard this go around. Thankfully Daniel has the flexibility with his job where he can stay home for a couple hours in the morning and he takes care of Z and lets me sleep in! How wonderful is that? I am telling you, I am spoiled rotten. I mean, Daniel is usually a BIG help to me and Z on a daily basis anyway, but he is really outdoing himself during the pregnancy issues. He wins about 438 awards for being so fabulous! Having the luxury to puke in the morning without a toddler climbing on my back or sitting in my lap is just... heaven.

Speaking of puke, as of this week I have gotten my puking issue under somewhat control! I am throwing up no more than two times a day, but mostly its just once in the morning! I am stoked about that. Now, I don't feel 100% fine and dandy all day and I still hang over the toilet a bit and hack up mucous like its going out of style, but its so nice to know that I have the puking on a schedule. It allows me to get out of the house every now and then! Can you believe that I went 5 weeks without going out and about? I went to family's houses... that's it. Monday was the first time I went out into public, with my toddler, in 5 weeks. Now, I felt like I was going to pass out the whole time, but I did it! I went to Target and bought my baby some big boy underwear.

Speaking of big boy underwear, he is not actually wearing it yet. But I had high hopes of starting potty training this week, so we bought it just in case. So far I have been lazy and not been diligent about it. Anyone surprised? Didn't think so. But I swear, I am starting soon! I told myself that I wanted to start potty training when he turned two. That came and went and now I have set the goal at potty training him before his third birthday. Well, sadly, his third birthday is coming up in TWO MONTHS. Don't get me started or I will cry. I will just say that I don't have much longer before I meet this deadline! So I promise, I WILL start it sometime soon (as in, before he graduates high school) and I WILL be keeping you updated on the craziness.

Speaking of craziness... haha. Just kidding!

Well, I guess I did have a decent amount of stuff to say. So much for this post being short, huh? Ah well. I don't think I have anything else to ramble on about, so I will just go ahead and say goodbye.

Goodbye! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hang in there girlie!