Friday, April 04, 2008

Physical Activity... Or Lack Thereof

Recently I have had this weird longing to be physically active. You know, exercise on a semi-regular basis. I don’t know why I want to exercise. I mean, it might have something to do with me feeling guilty about the 382 pounds of junk food I consume each day, but I am not too sure. The most physical activity I do is walking about three times a month. And that’s if you count the walk to the mailbox and back. So needless to say, I am in desperate need of something to do to burn calories. Because the chances of me changing my diet/eating habits are slim to none.

So I can’t figure out anything that I would stick with. Gym memberships cost to much, and I wouldn’t want to leave my child in the crappy “child care” arena that they provide. And my prime energy time is in the mornings, so Daniel isn’t home to keep Zachariah. If I go strolling with Zachariah, I only walk for 10 min. because of boredom.

Help Me!


4 comments:

jamie b said...

I wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat! :) I'd love to get rid of the flab, but I have no motivation to get up and do it! lol

Mrs. N. said...

Dance-Dance-Revolution is my newest exercise fad. And it provides non-stop entertainment for the family. :-)

Unknown said...

Jump Rope! Yeah it seems so elementary...but GEEz what a workout! Best thing is....you can do it indoors if your ceiling is high enough. Positives: can be done in or outdoors, works calves, abs, biceps, buttocks, hamstrings, and quads. :)

Amy Lynn said...

Amy- OOO I am so wanting to do DDR now. It has been FOREVER since I have played that. Great idea!
Rachel- Thanks for the jump rope suggestion... I would have never even thought of that! I am definitely going to have to give that a try.